Author Topic: Ability to import/export multiple selections simultaneousy  (Read 1173 times)

hidromatrix

• View Profile
Ability to import/export multiple selections simultaneousy
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:02:38 am »
It can be quite boring when you have to import a large number of selections and you have to do it one by one.
Importing and exporting multiple selections is probably a simple fix in terms of programming and would make modeller's life a lot easy! :)

Pete Sinton

• View Profile
Re: Ability to import/export multiple selections simultaneousy
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:29:07 am »
for complex problems, you should try programming a solution (write the fem with the data inserted) or editing the data into the ascii fem

hidromatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:23 am »
Good idea, except that I'm working on a 60 layer 2.5 million element model that gives me a 350MB FEM file if I save it in ASCII mode :)
Nevertheless, we can always use IFM to handle it, but even for small cases, importing 5 or 6 selections would be much easier if we could import them all in one time.

Rouven

• View Profile
    • MaFloT
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:58:06 pm »
Hi,

I just came across your post while facing the same problem (I need to set multiple selections for single nodes to evaluate a node-wise boundary influx). I was wondering if you found a solution in the the meanwhile or if we you have a ifm tool that you are willing to share.

Thank you very much for your help and best regards.

Best regards Rouven
Rouven Künze
TK CONSULT AG
Neugassse 136
CH-8005 Zürich
www.tkconsult.ch

Björn Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
Yes, API functions for selections are avilable. A short discussion is provided here http://forum.mikepoweredbydhi.com/index.php?topic=2676.msg6311#msg6311 Please let me know if there are any other questions.