Author Topic: OK, two more  (Read 2017 times)

Dwaine Edington

• Senior Hydrogeologist at Schlumberger Water
    • View Profile
OK, two more
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:33:21 pm »
(Will he ever shut up?   ;)  )

OK two more.

(1) It would be nice to be able to do a single import for several material properties at once using the following .DAT structure:

Elem   LAY    X     Y     Z      Kx    Ky    Kz     Sy      Ss     Flow_In_Top      ... etc

(2) It would be nice to precisely import information. Say for example, I only wish to change the Kx of 100 unique, isolated, non-adjacent elements to other unique values. Since thay are non-adjacent, join will not work, especially if I want to repeat this operation many times on different sets of elements. Debug will not work because the elements have unique values; not the lowest, not the highest, and not in a single range of values which excludes other elemnts I do not wish to change. My options are to try to do it graphically within FEFLOW or to export into EXCEL, change, then reimport into FEFLOW. My suggestion is to allow one to import similar to nearest neighbor data regionalization, but recognize that one record (XYF) of the imported data should apply to one, and and only one element (or node) and interpolation should not be performed beyond the set of elements (or nodes) imported.

OK. I'm done

Thomas O.

• View Profile
Re: OK, two more
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:33:29 pm »
you're so right Edington!!!!

I would greatly appreciate such a feature in future versions of feflow since working with a model that has many layers with heterogeneous hydraulic properties is a painful process