Author Topic: Budget results viewer  (Read 1893 times)

Dwaine Edington

• Senior Hydrogeologist at Schlumberger Water
    • View Profile
Budget results viewer
« on: August 10, 2006, 08:35:33 pm »
Suggestion #1
When looking at the budget results for a model with many, many save times, it would be nice if scrolling would be synchronized for all screens.

Looking at the results window (for the boundary condition oprtion) I see 8 plots and two scrollable data listing for each plot.

If I operate the scroll control for the one data list, for example, the type-1 FLUX IN , the type-1 ACCUMULATED MASS IN should scroll simultaneously. In a more general behaviour, operating the scroll control would simulataneously scroll ALL 16 of the other data list windows.

Suggestion #2
Plotting the flux and accumulated mass using the same scale makes it difficult to see details in the flux curve since the accumulated mass magnutude is many time greater than the flux magnutude. This can be fixed by either (1) using an alternative axis, i.e. flux on the left y-axis, total mass on the right y-axis, or (2) rearranging the layout so that flux IN and OUT are on the same plot (plot absolute values of flux OUT) and total mass IN and out are on their own plot (ditto about the absolute value), or (3) allow the user to scale the plots as desired.

Peter Schätzl

• View Profile
    • Aquasoil
Re: Budget results viewer
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 04:06:46 pm »
Synchronized scrolling will be possible in FEFLOW 5.3.
Aquasoil Ingenieure und Geologen GmbH
Berlin - Germany