Author Topic: DFS2 time series file creator in MIKE ZERO  (Read 1577 times)

Dragan Tutulic

• View Profile
DFS2 time series file creator in MIKE ZERO
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:53:47 pm »
In case you haven't noticed it before, there is a neat tool within MIKE SHE toolbox (included in MIKE ZERO) to create dfs2 time series files. Most of MIKE FLOOD users may not be aware of it (because it sits in MIKE SHE toolbox); it's a handy tool if you want to create rainfall/ET spatially distributed time series.
You'll find this tool in MIKE SHE toolbox under 'File Converter' tool. It's called 'dfs2+dfs0 to dfs2'. Bear in mind that your dfs2 input file needs to be of type 'grid codes', which are integer value you’ll use to define the spatial distribution of a parameter you're trying to set up. Time series file should have as many items as the dfs2 file has integer grid codes and each time series item number should correspond to the appropriate grid code in the dfs2 file.
Run the tool and voila...you have yourself a dfs2 time series file.

amengel

• View Profile
Re: DFS2 time series file creator in MIKE ZERO
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 02:02:40 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to use this conversion tool and I have the rainfall data (dfs0 file) and the grids (dfs2 file) in the format listed in the manual on pg 329. However, I am getting this error: "Item number 62900 at grid cell (0,23) is out of range [1, 2980]." the item number 62900 is a grid number I have in my dfs2 file and corresponds to a column in my dfs0 file. I'm not sure what this error means. Is there something wrong with my rainfall data or my grid file? I am trying to create a rather large file - I have 2980 grids with 27 years of data each, and I'm working with a student license as I am completing my PhD. Could this be the issue? I need to get this resolved ASAP. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Angelica

amengel

• View Profile
Re: DFS2 time series file creator in MIKE ZERO
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 02:24:10 pm »
I've figured out the problem. I had used original grid codes from the radar rainfall data that I downloaded from an online database. The codes were not numbered sequentially (e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3,....,n). I changed the codes to be numbered sequentially and the tool worked! Relief is an understatement. I thought I was going to have to start form the beginning and re-download all of the data... 30 years of daily rainfall and ET...