Author Topic: Orientation Lock!  (Read 643 times)

Blair

• View Profile
    • www.pdp.co.nz
Orientation Lock!
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:13:07 pm »
When rotating and adjusting the 3D view angle, I am constantly correcting for the view "tipping over".

Leapfrog locks the orientation to keep the model view upright. Can feflow include this form of orientation locking as an option? Very frustrating trying to navigate a 3D model view!

Thanks
Blair

Björn Kaiser

• View Profile
Re: Orientation Lock!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 02:54:07 pm »
The Scene Library does not only allow you to store multiple plots, but also the spatial perspective of the view. Accordingly, I suggest to use the Scene Library Panel.

Jarrah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:10:39 am »
I'd also like to see an orientation lock feature.

Ideally, I'd like to see three check boxes representing the XYZ axes, and be able to turn on or off free rotation around each axis. The current behaviour would be represented by having all three axes available for rotation. In many cases I'd turn off X and Y, and so rotate only around Z.
All models are wrong. Some are useful.

Björn Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 06:02:46 pm »
The Navigation panel allows you to enter different values (e.g. scaling with regard to the spatial orientation). However, there is indeed no orientation lock available. I added this feature to the wish list for future developments.

Björn Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »
The Navigation panel (Rotation tab - Autorotation) has one checkbox which allows you to activate / deactivate the rotation. I think this feature goes in the direction you are looking for. Activation / deactivation separated by the spatial components does not exist yet.

Jarrah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 12:03:25 am »
While we're talking about locking orientation and controlling rotation, it would be great if we could define our own axes or move the existing three. I'd love to be able to center the rotation on my point of interest, which is not near the center of the model for geological reasons. When I'm zoomed in looking at that point, I can't rotate around it as the center of rotation is the center of the model.
All models are wrong. Some are useful.

Björn Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »
Thanks. At the moment FEFLOW does not provide this feature. I will add this feature on the wish list for potential future developments.